Life Skills Trainers
Sessional Work as DAaRT Officers
£26.32 per session
Drug, Alcohol and Resilience Trainer for Primary Schools.
Two to three days per week delivering a Drug, Alcohol and Resilience programme to children aged 10-11 in Primary Schools. Ideal for former teachers, Public Service workers Social workers, Coaches, mentors, drug workers and other people with similar skills who can relate to the social implications of the abuse of drugs, alcohol, knives and hate.
(*£*26.32 per session).
This is sessional work. You may be allocated up to three sessions per day. An ideal candidate will be available for two to three days per week. More days are possible once established.
We will only consider candidates who live in the area listed above. We have jobs available in different locations please do not apply for more than one post.
We are looking for former teachers, trainers, youth workers, social workers, mentors, coaches, police officers, prison officers, drug workers, health workers and other people with similar skills who can relate to the social implications of the abuse of drugs, alcohol, knives and hate.
Life Skills Education Charity is seeking to recruit additional staff to take on the role of ‘DAaRT Officer’ who reside in the following areas:
- Worksop – North Nottinghamshire
Key aspects of the role:
- Delivery of our programmes in schools and other educational establishments or groups; predominantly primary schools to Year 5 and 6 pupils.
- Attend meetings with parents/carers and school staff in support of the programme and to promote awareness amongst the community including social media.
- Keep up to date with local and national developments with regard to drug information, education and relevant legislation.
- Participate in Life Skills Education Charity ’s Quality Assurance Process and take responsibility for identifying your own professional and career development needs.
- Actively market and sell our programmes, merchandise and support other Life Skills Education Charity fundraising activities.
- Attend termly team meetings and training sessions as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties relevant to the role.
Salary & Benefits:
- Being part of a great team, working to make a difference to young lives.
- Uniform provided.
- £*26.32 per* session which includes paid holiday. (Flexible working, term time only, a session in school lasts 1 hour with some prep work before and reflection after).
- Mileage is paid at a rate of 43 pence per mile excluding the first 20 miles of each day.
- Full paid training will be provided.
- We are a Real Living Wage employer.
- Pension benefits.
Start date for delivery in schools will be the term after completion of DAaRT Officer Training September 2022. We are also looking for Spring 2023.
Expected Start Date: 01/09/2022
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
We have strict protocols in place to make the classroom-based sessions safe for you and your pupils. Full training provided.